Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gray "Performance" Wheels are available to those who don't order a Performance Model

Gray "Performance" Wheels are available to those who don't order a Performance Model

http://shop.teslamotors.com/collecti...formance-wheel

$3500 for a set of 4
    $5200 for a set of 4 with tires.

Same price as silver.

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    Good point.

Makes sense to do that. It is just wheels after all. Maybe the CF trim and spoiler will be the only differentiating cosmetic factors.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    Good point.

Makes sense to do that. It is just wheels after all. Maybe the CF trim and spoiler will be the only differentiating cosmetic factors.
    Now if only they would allow you to get the CF trim at an extra cost. I might splurge and pay an extra $500 for it over the other 4 trim options, and I imagine others would consider the same. Just more ways for Tesla to make money, which ain't a bad thing. Just provide the Performance badging to differentiate between models (not that anyone driving the Performance model will need any reminder above simply stepping on the gas!).

MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891 spatterso911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onlinespending View Post
    ...stepping on the gas!).
    Really Online...

You went there ??

http://www.teslacountdown.com/modelx...891?size=small

PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Delivered: Model S - VIN 3498: Performance, Black/Black/CF; Grey 21" rims; Pano; Tech; Sound studio; Parcel Shelf; Paint armor; Twin Chargers; HPWC;

Just order gloss black and then have it wrapped in carbon fibre film. Done well, you probably would never know the difference!

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    <sarcasm>

OMGWTFBBQ!!11!!eleventy-one!!!1!!

I can't believe Tesla has just diluted the value of my Performance car by offering the gray wheels for sale. When I configured my car, it said clearly on the web site that only performance cars were available with the gray wheels!! Tesla changed the contract on me after I signed, and it's just another reason that it's a {bait-and-switch|overpromise-and-underdeliver}. I can't believe this, they've gone too far this time, and there isn't anything I can do because they took my $10,000!

</sarcasm>

I'm happy to see the options opening up... with this and things like soflauthor's CCI, I'm hoping the seed is planted for a healthy ecosystem for Model S.

Wow they must have received a lot of requests for grey wheels. I'm ok with differentiation personally, but glad people can get them too. At least I have my spoiler that looks like anyone could have bought and stuck on haha.

5,200 for wheels and tires does make me think performance is a good deal though. Might as well upgrade all the way!
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    Wow they must have received a lot of requests for grey wheels. I'm ok with differentiation personally, but glad people can get them too. At least I have my spoiler that looks like anyone could have bought and stuck on haha.

5,200 for wheels and tires does make me think performance is a good deal though. Might as well upgrade all the way!
    It's really the difference over the base wheels and tires. So 5200 - 2800 (I believe) or 2400 for the wheel plus tire upgrade.

P4932 - Delivery: 12/22 Schlermie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    Maybe the CF trim and spoiler will be the only differentiating cosmetic factors.
    ...and the front air dam.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlermie View Post
    ...and the front air dam.
    Those were removed though, no?

Thread Information