Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

To Spoiler, or not to Spoiler...Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TheAustin

Model X 90D (Former Model S P85)
Sep 12, 2011
The Hamptons
Several people, especially those who are in the process of finalizing there configuration choices, have been debating whether or not to opt for the carbon fiber spoiler (Myself included)...The image on the Tesla configuration page is not very clear, and shows practically no detail. So, I called my local Tesla dealer and asked if they could send me some detailed photos...They didn't have a car with a spoiler, but they had someone in Westchester take and send me photos, which I've attached.

As for me, I was leaning towards getting the spoiler, but after seeing the photos, I've actually decided not to get it. I do think it looks pretty cool, but in my opinion a bit out of place on 4-door sedan. I love the carbon fiber accents on the Roadster, but on the Model S, I just think that it's just trying to hard. At any rate, see photos below, form your own opinion:

TeslaModelSWithSpoiler1.jpg
TeslaModelSWithSpoiler2.jpg
TeslaModelSWithSpoiler3.jpg
TeslaModelSWithSpoiler4.jpg

I've been struggling with the same question myself. I've seen the spoiler in person on a number of different color cars. I think the color does really impact the decision. On the white car above, I'm not wild about the spoiler at all. On a darker color (blue, gray) I think it works.

I've also been told it can be removed at a later date without impacting the paint or finish. I'm going with it and if I get sick of it I'll have it removed.

I've been struggling with the same question myself. I've seen the spoiler in person on a number of different color cars. I think the color does really impact the decision. On the white car above, I'm not wild about the spoiler at all. On a darker color (blue, gray) I think it works.

I've also been told it can be removed at a later date without impacting the paint or finish. I'm going with it and if I get sick of it I'll have it removed.

Thats funny, I LOVE it on the white and feel as though it gets lost on a darker car.

To Each Their Own I Guess...:biggrin:

Just to be clear...I would go for it every time no matter what the color.

Reactions: bnsfengineer
Repeating what's been said elsewhere: I've also been told that the spoiler can be removed in minutes with no damage or marks on the car and no visible sign it was there.

The spoiler is a no cost option on the performance model so why not just get it anyway and if you don't like it take it off. If you don't get the spoiler but decide later you want it then you risk there will likely be a charge for it.

Repeating what's been said elsewhere: I've also been told that the spoiler can be removed in minutes with no damage or marks on the car and no visible sign it was there.

The spoiler is a no cost option on the performance model so why not just get it anyway and if you don't like it take it off. If you don't get the spoiler but decide later you want it then you risk there will likely be a charge for it.

There is no question that you will be charged for it.

I don't like the spoiler at all. I think it spoils (pun intended...) the lines of the car. I'm getting a blue perf but definately no spoiler. Even if it is easy to remove, I don't want the work nor having to store it somewhere.

I'm also happy that they got rid of the external CF accents. I'm getting the CF interior though ;)

I don't like the spoiler at all. I think it spoils (pun intended...) the lines of the car. I'm getting a blue perf but definately no spoiler. Even if it is easy to remove, I don't want the work nor having to store it somewhere.

I'm also happy that they got rid of the external CF accents. I'm getting the CF interior though ;)
This is what I originally thought (and ordered; well, not CF interior tho) but now I'm thinking it would be really cool just to have that spoiler hanging around my desk. (It would get old within a week or two tho)

It would prolly collect dust, so I'll stick with letting the factory keep it.

The Sig red car without any exterior indications it is a perf. I'm fine with that. :smile: