Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

DC store with 4 cars presently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I stopped by the DC Tesla store on a spur of the moment as I was leaving for the airport.

They have 4 cars at the store now for some Congressional event.

VIN 106 (brown) was on display in the shop. The brown was nicer in person than on the website and in photos I have seen. VIN 102 (blue) was available for test diving.

And I did ...

I spent about 30 minutes driving around DC with Kadira, who was very nice and knowledgeable, and another guy who happened to be in the store at the time.

Gorgeous car; awesome run. No fears or concerns about mechanics.

I am hoping the issue of the dash covering the clock on the upper right of the screen is fixed. I was also able to lift the dash up near the door on the drivers side; I assume this is preproduction stuff as well as wear and tear from the Get Amped tour.

If I didn't have to catch a flight, I would have driven longer it seems. Unfortunately I arrived at the airport on time only to find out my flight was delayed 1.5 hours.
ydubeba9.jpg
u2e4ezub.jpg
de2a4uje.jpg
baryqymu.jpg

Last edited:
Change thread title to zero cars.

no cars, no staff, and "All sales online" sign in the windows. Sad to see it that way. Hope it comes back as one of the ones that reversed course.

They had some great staff -- one guy showed me the first Model 3 when just employees could buy them and was real knowledgeable and excited about the company. I took my first test drive when they were on K St. and bought two and reserved a 3 from that prior location. There was a line around the block to see the Model 3 in person when they got one.

Happened to drive past the city center location it was buzzing with people and cars inside like it always has.

Makes me wonder if the whole shut-down-the-stores . . . no-we-will-keep-open-the-ones-that-justify-themselves . . . was really just a devious strategy to re dedicate the sales staff to moving cars?

Reactions: jthompson