Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone gotten their Model S HPC yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

efusco

Moderator - Model S & X forums
Just curious. Mr.Electric (via contract with Solar City) is installing my 100amp + a NEMA 14-50 line on Monday. As deliveries are starting to be announced, I was wondering if anyone has gotten notification of shipment of their HPC or actually installed one yet.

I'll be fine with my NEMA 14-50 until it comes (glad I considered having that as an option), but will be glad to have the HPC as my main EVSE.

Last I heard it hasn't been UL approved yet.

You are correct though. Should be hearing about these soon. It will be awkward for me to do any long trips until it arrives, because the only other socket I've got is a 120V.

That means the adapters are ready, or they are custom and loanable but not sale-able. I wasn't planning on getting one since I don't have a Roadster or Roadster HPC, though I wouldn't turn down having one if the HPWC isn't ready by the time I get the car.

They prob don't have enough made to put up for sale yet.

Ive been considering putting in an HPC plus have an adapter on hand. I don't need it for the Roadster or the yet-to-come Model X, but I'd like to be able to offer traveling friends a charge.