Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S cross country trip/blog

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did anyone else see this site?
http://teslamodelsxc.wordpress.com/

"Steve and Jesse" are taking delivery of a performance Model S today and driving from SF to DC. They said #41 in their twitter feed, but unknown if that is VIN or reservation #.

Should be interesting to follow.

Thanks, I just bookmarked it and I will be checking back to see their progress. After the motortrend trip to vegas with the a/c off in 100+ degree weather, I would like to see how they fair with less extreme temperatures and less hypermiling.

I'm sure some member here have HPC's in or around these cities. I wonder if they have a Roadster --> Model S adapter?

Major cities that we’ll hit:

Start: San Francisco, CA
Sacramento, CA
Reno, NV
Salt Lake City, UT
Cheyenne, WY
Omaha, NE
Des Moines, IA
Chicago, IL
Toledo, OH
Pittsburgh, PA
Hagerstown, MD
End: Washington, DC

Know anyone in those cities with a high power wall connector, or who wants to see the car? Let them know to drop us a line!

Oh cool. They went to Wine Country. One of the first long trips in the S will be that area for me, so I'm happy to see how it works out for them.

I wasn't sure that I'd need extra charging while out there, but if I drop by a place and charging is available then I don't see why I wouldn't take advantage of it.