Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: NDAs/Conspiracy theories about Model S delivery

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    No one is getting NDAs, especially on the SSL list. Founders may be insiders (for stock purposes), so may have other reasons they wouldn't want to be too public with their comments on the car. But it's beyond unlikely that any "regular" SSL is being put under any restrictions by Tesla upon their taking possession of the car.

P85 S791, PWt/Wt/CF trim joefee's Avatar
    I can’t see a NDA for Sig Cars … what would be the enforcement mechanism … no firmware upgrades ….. quick, give me the pen I’ll sign
    You may quote my posts with proper acknowledgment. I trade the TSLA/SCTY range so I may add or decrease my shares at any time without prior notice. Anything I say should not be your sole basis for making trading decisions. Please educate yourself, do your own research and trade responsibly!

Blog Entries

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    Ive never been a big believer in conspiracy theories - and still not. If you've ever launched a new product production line, the current status doesn't feel unreasonable.
    The two men with sunglasses standing next to the white van parked in my cul-de-sac would probably want to talk to you too, bonnie...

I'm safe and sound so far, so I guess I was too far off the mark. And, for the record, I'm not a conspiracy theorist and in my experience this is all normal for a manufacturing ramp-up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    No one is getting NDAs, especially on the SSL list. Founders may be insiders (for stock purposes), so may have other reasons they wouldn't want to be too public with their comments on the car. But it's beyond unlikely that any "regular" SSL is being put under any restrictions by Tesla upon their taking possession of the car.
    Okay, I guess I was taken just slightly too seriously there...

I'm passing the time until "mid-to-late October" and I posted it for fun. I have no evidence, or even an inkling that owners are being asked to sign secret NDA's before they'll get their cars. None at all. Absolutely none. My NDA would prohibit me disclosing that.

(Seriously, REALLY... there is nothing to the story of an NDA or "radio silence". I'm not affiliated with Tesla in any way, except as a reservation holder for a Signature-series car. I'm not a best friend of Elon or George or any of the others there. I've driven by the factory once. I've visited their store in Santana Row once. I saw a Roadster on highway 101 once. That's it, though, nothing more. It was a joke.)

>

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    The two men with sunglasses standing next to the white van parked in my cul-de-sac would probably want to talk to you too, bonnie...

>
    Are they cute?
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    Seriously, REALLY... there is nothing to the story of an NDA or "radio silence". I'm not affiliated with Tesla in any way, except as a reservation holder for a Signature-series car. I'm not a best friend of Elon or George or any of the others there. I've driven by the factory once. I've visited their store in Santana Row once. I saw a Roadster on highway 101 once. That's it, though, nothing more. It was a joke.
    Is someone putting you under duress to say that?

Blog Entries
    I think it's hilarious that one guy makes a joke about secrecy and suddenly everyone is debating NDAs. That's funnier than the original joke!
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    I think it's hilarious that one guy makes a joke about secrecy and suddenly everyone is debating NDAs. That's funnier than the original joke!
    Ha! So now you're trying to convince us that there is no conspiracy. I think that proves you're part of the conspiracy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    Here's a question then: would any of you TMC regulars who are set to get their cars sometime in September or even October enter into an NDA/blackout situation with Tesla if asked to?

I, for one, would be itching to talk about my car from day one so, would feel very uncomfortable entering into an NDA...
    I would. And what I'd do is spend that time racking up all sorts of text and video that I could post the moment it expired

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Heh, yeah my next post was going to be "look at what you started!"
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Wow! When I started reading this thread today and saw that there were so many posts, I got excited thinking there must be some good news. Then after a bunch of speculation about NDA's and conspiracy theories, I realized it was NOTHING. Can't we try to keep this thread about "Delivery Updates" (i.e. FACTS)?

Thread Information