Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 57

Thread: NDAs/Conspiracy theories about Model S delivery

  1. #1
    S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    near STL
    Posts
    3,341

    NDAs/Conspiracy theories about Model S delivery

    Quote Originally Posted by Discoducky View Post
    Hmm, GB said 74 made as of two weeks ago and no reviews yet from SSL owners MVPA says 30 days to take delivery so looks like it could be a long two weeks of waiting...
    When you take delivery, Tesla makes you sign an agreement saying you won't post anything for 2 months -- a "radio silence" agreement that makes sure that the anticipation is kept sky-high for those that are close to delivery. It's a part of the "torture + pleasure whole experience". On the Tesla Forums, there are some company shills that are posting under "Rod & Barbara" and "gimpdad", who are posting about their experiences, but it's highly controlled by corporate. They are using their friends in the government through SpaceX to make sure you don't talk!

    It's unlikely you'll hear from me again after exposing this truth, but it's the only way you'll know the truth of why we all sit here and obsess over the forum, looking for any clue that our car is next... they're being hidden to prolong the agony which will push the highs of ownership beyond that of any car...

    It's all a CONSPIRACY I tell you!

    ... just kidding.

  2. #2
    P-1456 Francis Lau's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Bellevue, WA
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    When you take delivery, Tesla makes you sign an agreement saying you won't post anything for 2 months -- a "radio silence" agreement that makes sure that the anticipation is kept sky-high for those that are close to delivery. It's a part of the "torture + pleasure whole experience". On the Tesla Forums, there are some company shills that are posting under "Rod & Barbara" and "gimpdad", who are posting about their experiences, but it's highly controlled by corporate. They are using their friends in the government through SpaceX to make sure you don't talk!

    It's unlikely you'll hear from me again after exposing this truth, but it's the only way you'll know the truth of why we all sit here and obsess over the forum, looking for any clue that our car is next... they're being hidden to prolong the agony which will push the highs of ownership beyond that of any car...

    It's all a CONSPIRACY I tell you!

    ... just kidding.
    You got me there for a minute! Very funny but could actually be true.

  3. #3
    The post and "just kidding" give Tesla plausible deniability.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Schaumburg, IL
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by FlasherZ View Post
    When you take delivery, Tesla makes you sign an agreement SNIP

    It's unlikely you'll hear from me again after exposing this truth, but it's the only way you'll know the truth of why we all sit here and obsess over the forum, looking for any clue that our car is next... they're being hidden to prolong the agony which will push the highs of ownership beyond that of any car...

    It's all a CONSPIRACY I tell you!

    ... just kidding.
    No sure you are kidding ... I've been thinking NDA for a while.

    Too much time is elapsing ... something is not right.

  5. #5
    mod squad bonnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,427
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by sp4rk View Post
    No sure you are kidding ... I've been thinking NDA for a while.

    Too much time is elapsing ... something is not right.
    Ive never been a big believer in conspiracy theories - and still not. If you've ever launched a new product production line, the current status doesn't feel unreasonable.
    Last edited by bonnie; 2012-09-06 at 08:46 AM.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    __________________
    Moderator: Model S, Model X, EVents, California, Pacific/Northwest, and Media -- Follow me on twitter and and follow TMC, too!

  6. #6
    Model S R77 efusco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nixa, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    2,862
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sp4rk View Post
    No sure you are kidding ... I've been thinking NDA for a while.

    Too much time is elapsing ... something is not right.
    Been having similar thoughts. Delivering to a hand picked group knowing things are not quite right, but requiring an NDA with a promise to fix the issues down the road.
    I hear you, I don't think the issues are huge or they wouldn't be pumping out so many on the floor, but there must be some issues that are not fixed yet and they don't want the press coming out reporting "faulty Tesla...whatever".

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    Ive never been a big believer in conspiracy theories - and still not. If you've ever launched a new production line, this all feels reasonable.
    Never launched a production line...and I don't think there's any "big conspiracy", but NDAs are around for all sorts of things. Hell, even at launch the press often has to sign NDAs when they drive preproduction vehicles. I've signed a ton related to Prius related things I do. It's not outside of the realm of possiblity that they're asking/telling these folks that they can have thier car a bit early on condition that they don't post much about them regarding several aspects of the vehicle that Tesla feels are not up to their anticipated full production standards.
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

  7. #7
    Model S - R140
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Weston, Florida, United States
    Posts
    1,274
    Quote Originally Posted by efusco View Post
    Never launched a production line...and I don't think there's any "big conspiracy", but NDAs are around for all sorts of things. Hell, even at launch the press often has to sign NDAs when they drive preproduction vehicles. I've signed a ton related to Prius related things I do. It's not outside of the realm of possiblity that they're asking/telling these folks that they can have thier car a bit early on condition that they don't post much about them regarding several aspects of the vehicle that Tesla feels are not up to their anticipated full production standards.
    It's completely non-customary to have an NDA in a retail/consumer relationship. It might even be against some consumer protection regulation or something. I could, however, imagine an NDA in a situation where the product is free, or payment is deferred in exchange for an NDA from a consumer. I find it nearly unimaginable that this is happening. All that I see happening is that no Joe Schmoes have gotten their car yet, so we are not hearing anything. There are lots of promises, including promises for this weekend. But several people have been promised delivery before, and have not gotten their cars on that date. Hopefully that won't happen again and we'll see the first non-Elon-friend getting a car soon.

  8. #8
    Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Redwood Shores, CA
    Posts
    5,013
    Here's a question then: would any of you TMC regulars who are set to get their cars sometime in September or even October enter into an NDA/blackout situation with Tesla if asked to?

    I, for one, would be itching to talk about my car from day one so, would feel very uncomfortable entering into an NDA...
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.11, 28,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

  9. #9
    Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    12,760
    Quote Originally Posted by gg_wants_a_tesla View Post
    Here's a question then: would any of you TMC regulars who are set to get their cars sometime in September or even October enter into an NDA/blackout situation with Tesla if asked to?

    I, for one, would be itching to talk about my car from day one so, would feel very uncomfortable entering into an NDA...
    Maybe for swag or some other perk but probably not. It might make it seem like they were trying to hide something too.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

  10. #10
    BLUTSLA #516-REDTSLA #272 DrComputer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sherman Oaks, CA
    Posts
    769
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm not a conspiracy theory fan as I think conspiracies take way too much planning and coordination to actually happen. Having spoken to several high ranking Tesla employees recently about the extremely poor delivery communication situation I am inclined to believe that the erratic delivery pattens and bad communication are just a consequence of too few qualified people running the show. I think they are just talking the route of silence figuring that is less detrimental to their image than risking over communication which if not worded correctly could be interpreted wrong.

    I too am not happy about the radio silence, but silence cannot be posted on blogs or reprinted by car review sites. When I get my car I will be anything but silent about my impressions. We'll see if me saying this somehow delays my car (even further).
    ____________________________
    2010 Tesla Roadster #516
    2012 Model S Signature Performance #272
    6kW Solar System by REC Solar with TigoEnergy optimization and monitoring


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Delivery of the first Model S
    By Norbert in forum Video
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2012-06-08, 10:39 PM
  2. Falcon doors...a small google conspiracy
    By thomas.rueesch in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2012-03-16, 09:26 PM
  3. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2011-10-31, 08:21 AM
  4. Taking Delivery of Model S
    By Iz in forum Model S
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2010-10-20, 10:59 AM
  5. Conspiracy theories abound.
    By vfx in forum Tesla Motors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2007-01-22, 09:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •