Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Th!nk story

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The article states, "The plan is to offer the next-gen Think in 2011 as an all-electric as well as well as a so-called serial hybrid that uses a small engine to charge the battery and extend its range. (The current Think City has a range of 180 kilometers –112 miles.)"

Anyone want to bet a $1 that it's GM? It sounds an awful lot like the eflex platform. I can't imagine Th!nk would consider partnering with Ford after Ford kicked them to the curb like a...well, treated them badly. It could be Chrysler, but my thinking is that GM still wants to see a BEV and Th!nk can assist in that department. Exciting news.

I wouldn't write off Ford as a partner considering Ford seems to be lacking in the BEV department and looking at the interior of the new Think City you can see lots of Ford parts and Ford thinking. But next tuesday we will know. I am a bit excited as this might be a Whitestar that I can legally get in Norway ( as well as better fit my public servant salary :)

Cobos

I would say it's more a matter of getting back with your ex after a little bit of separation :)

Seriously this should be a collaberation not a sell-out and as such the fact that I beleive Think already share bits and pieces with Ford might make it faster and easier to get a sedan done by 2011 as they are talking about. But my second guess would be Chrysler as well...

Cobos

I am a bit excited as this might be a Whitestar that I can legally get in Norway

FYI: I looked into getting the Roadster to The Netherlands legally. This actually turns out to be rather easy. Less than $1,000 in modifications; $2,000 in transportation and 10% in duties. At the rate the US$ is falling I can probably trade in my Ford Ka (to US readers: just slight bigger than a Smart) for a Tesla in 2010! :smile:

As the Tesla is DOT approved in the US getting it into Norway shouldn't be too much of a problem but for economic reasons it would be essential to get it accepted as an EV. But still I would forfeit all warranty by bringing the car here. And that was more what I was thinking of, a 4-door Think will have a Norwegian support infrastructure, hey the repair manual might actually not be a crappy Norwegian translation but originally be written in Norwegian :)

Cobos

And that was more what I was thinking of, a 4-door Think will have a Norwegian support infrastructure, hey the repair manual might actually not be a crappy Norwegian translation but originally be written in Norwegian :)

Cobos
Hey Cobos not sure if you've seen this article:
Londoner gets to try out the new Th!nk city EV - AutoblogGreen
"The Th!nk has some pretty decent specs, starting with the fact that it's actually type approved in Europe as an actual car not a quadricycle. To get that type approval it has to be crash tested and meet safety requirements, something quadricycles don't. Th!nk claims the lithium polymer battery will provide a range of 125 miles on a charge and the top speed of 65mph. It's fitted with safety equipment like air bags, seat belts and even ABS. Th!nk will be selling the car in the UK for £14,000 and charging and extra £100 per month for a battery rental. If the charge capacity of the battery falls too low, they will replace it as part of the rental deal."
It gives links to two videos also that showcases the vehicle pretty well.

stopcrazypp: Yes I've seen the article and watched the video, and nothing new there except sudenly they got LiPoly batteries instead of the SAFT batteries they've talked about earlier...
The thing I really hate is that they say they will sell the car for 145 000NOK in the UK and they sell it for 199 000 in Norway. Usually you would write off that as higher fees, but with EV's the special thing is there are no fees/taxes (which is why the Tesla products are relatively speaking cheap in Norway). So they are deliberately gouging us Norwegian customers with a factory IN Norway. I find that a slight bit annoying, and as I've said before the Think is too expensive in Norway for what it does. Currently they still sell whatever they produce, a bit like the possible +25k $ price hike for the 2009 Roadster. Hopefully the Think will fall a bit in price, or I can import it from UK :)

Cobos

Think has finally redesigned their web pages and it's a great improvement. They've also updated their press page with info about the announcement they should make. Seems that Fortune missed the date a bit, it's 5th March not today the 4th. And at 11 in the morning I suppose. (I'm guessing it's at GMT+1 since that's the western Europe time zone where Geneva and Oslo is.)
So one more day and there hopefully will be some interesting bit of news from Think.

Cobos

It seems the new big Fortune 500 company that Think is cooperating with is the number 6 position; General Electrique. They've invested 4 million dollars into Think and it seems Think will get access to GE's advanced battery research and driveline technologies. Source: VG

Cobos