Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plug-In Day - Boston Commons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I registered for it but not sure if I'll go or not. If they had special parking for EVs then I'd be more likely to go... I would also need a couple hours charging to get home again. Mitch could you find parking for me? With charging? Not sure I'd want to count on the Colonnade that day...

I registered for it but not sure if I'll go or not. If they had special parking for EVs then I'd be more likely to go... I would also need a couple hours charging to get home again. Mitch could you find parking for me? With charging? Not sure I'd want to count on the Colonnade that day...

If you have the "Chargepoint" app (and you will also need a ChargePoint access card as well), the building next to where I work, 265 Franklin Street, has (4) Chargepoints in their parking garage (on the ramp between levels 1B and 1C). I'm the one who took the picture of them and posted it. They are 30A, so it will take a while to charge your Roadster. The EVSEs where free last time I looked, but the parking garage costs money ($32/day max, open 24 hours/day).. There might be other closer locations as well.

Welcome to 265 Franklin Street

Parking Garage Details, Rates, and Pictures for 265 Franklin at 265 Franklin St, Boston, MA 02110

265 Franklin St, Boston, MA 02110 - Google Maps

Picture:
cd2bd6f3.jpg

Edit: just looked at the ChargePoint map, there are also 3 on Cambridge street (on the street) in front of Government center, the parking will be less money here (or maybe free on Sunday), but your car is on the street, not a parking garage.. They are also 30A EVSEs.
1 City Hall Square, Boston, MA 02108 - Google Maps

Edit2: Boston Common Garage has parking for 1,300 cars, it's directly below the event, perhaps give them a call (edit: just did, no EV charging here, but $12 to park here on Sunday if you are arriving by an old fahioned gas car, it is directly below the event)
Boston Parking | Central Parking System > Boston Common Garage Parking

Edit3: The Garage at Post Office Square (enter on Congress Street, under the park), has (2) EV parking spaces on the first floor, to the right, just as you enter the garage, near the office. I took pictures of them, they where at the time just a 240V (probably only 208V) 30A (picture below, looks like its a 14-30 according to: NEMA Plug and Receptacle Configurations ) and 120V 20A outlet for each space... If you bring your mobile charger with adapters, you could plug in their. On weekends the parking is $9/day, and it's inside.
http://www.posquare.com/index.html

The Garage at Post Office Square EV outlets (in each of 2 EV spaces)
IMG_0156.jpg

Last edited: