Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mike Maloney's roadster totalled

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Amazing that he survived.

When suddenly, out from behind the trees came a speeding car skidding out of control. The corner was posted at 25 MPH…. the oncoming car was traveling at 50 or 60 MPH. It crossed the centerline of the road fully into my lane and was heading straight at me.

I veered toward the shoulder of the road and WHAM! The car hit me head on, pushing my car backwards 20 or 30 feet, and sheering the entire driver’s side of my car clean off.
Tesla%20Wreck%203%20Mike%20Maloney.png

Mike%20Maloney%206%20Telsa%20Wreck.png

I'm impressed that in his explanation of the crash he takes the time to promote Tesla and SpaceX. He says he's due to get his Model S in a month or two.

I'm amazed he didn't get badly hurt. He says he just stepped out of the car where the door used to be. Wow.

Complete FUBAR. Glad to hear that he is safe. That roadster is totalled, as the frame is bent. Even with a good mechanic and a full set of heating and repair tools, don't expect to see this one back on the road... at least any time soon.

Nitro? :scared:

I guess that's what's left of his shock absorber.

Maybe, but I think the black thing above and just in front of the yellow thing is the shock absorber. The yellow seems to have a tube extending from it and is firmly strapped to the body of the vehicle in that horizontal position.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I'll stick with Nitro!

>Since the door was torn off, he was saved by the high door sills.

That was my observation too, The high rail sides of "the tub" and strength kept the oncoming car away from Mike by deflected the forces down the side of Roadster. I feel better now feel there's a significant purpose sliding in and crawling of it now :) Just make sure to follow the rollarcoaster rules if you're in a similar situation, Keep all arms and hands inside the ride at all times!

Glad to hear he's OK, horrible crash.

Interesting to see in his article that he posts a de-chromed photoshopped pic of Model S:

Tesla%20Model%20S%20Mike%20Maloney%20Next%20Car.png

I wonder if he's planning on going with matte black film to cover all the exterior chrome trim. I like this look.