Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend Review: Model S P85 is now the fastest American sedan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is a ground-breaking story, explaining the incredible advantages of an electric drivetrain in a mainstream auto publication, with implications well beyond the top-end Model S.

It deserves a more prominent spot than buried down two levels in the Model S section.

Then they drove it to Las Vegas and back.

Visiting Las Vegas in the Tesla Model S - Motor Trend

I wonder at the advice to turn off the AC and open the windows. Won't the additional drag offset the load of the AC? I suppose Tesla Motors would know.

I believe the advice was "turn off AC and *close* the windows". When it's a tradeoff I think running the AC a bit high would be clearly better than opening the windows.

This review was terrible. It was more a review of a non-EV person's response to driving their first EV. It was not a good review of the car. They should have covered the range meter and just driven the car. If it made it - great, and if it did not then that would answer some questions too. As it was it was a review of the reviewers and not of what the car could do.