Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Motor Trend Review: Model S P85 is now the fastest American sedan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the Model S have range mode? I can only assume it does... I wonder if they had it in range mode for charging?

According to the article, MT did a range mode charge.

If they had taken a slower, more scenic route, they would have made it easily. Even taking the freeways, they only had to make a short stop (10-20 min?) at a convent public charging station to complete their five hour drive.

GSP

While I am here because I am a Tesla fan, and becoming more so, I don't know how they can make the claim it's the fastest American sedan. The MB CLS63 AMG does 0-60 in 3.9 and the performance package version does it in 3.8. I believe from what I've read the Tesla performance S is 4.3.

Fastest American built sedan is what they mean I think. Also, Tesla gives a true 0-60 time while all the car magazines do a 12-18" rollout so that drops it down to around 3.9 seconds.

While I am here because I am a Tesla fan, and becoming more so, I don't know how they can make the claim it's the fastest American sedan. The MB CLS63 AMG does 0-60 in 3.9 and the performance package version does it in 3.8. I believe from what I've read the Tesla performance S is 4.3.
May I suggest reading the article? I think you'll find it interesting.

The comments on the MT blog are scary. Can there be that many people who are complete idiots? When I see such an impressive display of stupidity I'm always reminded of H.L. Mencken's quip: No one ever lost any money underestimating the intelligence of the American people. Or are these people just frightened by the changes that are coming?

The comments on the MT blog are scary. Can there be that many people who are complete idiots? When I see such an impressive display of stupidity I'm always reminded of H.L. Mencken's quip: No one ever lost any money underestimating the intelligence of the American people. Or are these people just frightened by the changes that are coming?
There's usually a barrage of idiotic comments on any EV story, positive or negative, that appears in the mainstream press. There are a number of us who spend a bunch of time refuting the ridiculously ignorant statements. I don't do it expecting to change the minds of any of the idiots, but I like showing there's another side to anyone who has an open mind.

I thought the Cadillac CTS-V sedan was the fastest American sedan?
Welcome to the forum!

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Prices, Specs & Reviews - Motor Trend Magazine

In our testing the CTS-V is capable of consistent 4.0-second 0-60 mph times no matter the body style and transmission

World Exclusive! 2012 Tesla Model S Test and Range Verification - Motor Trend

When we crunched the numbers (with no weather correction because the car doesn't ingest air), the car's 0-60-mph time was 3.9 seconds

3.9 < 4.0