Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Motor Trend Review: Model S P85 is now the fastest American sedan

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zer0t View Post
    While I am here because I am a Tesla fan, and becoming more so, I don't know how they can make the claim it's the fastest American sedan. The MB CLS63 AMG does 0-60 in 3.9 and the performance package version does it in 3.8. I believe from what I've read the Tesla performance S is 4.3.
    Fastest American built sedan is what they mean I think. Also, Tesla gives a true 0-60 time while all the car magazines do a 12-18" rollout so that drops it down to around 3.9 seconds.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by Zer0t View Post
    While I am here because I am a Tesla fan, and becoming more so, I don't know how they can make the claim it's the fastest American sedan. The MB CLS63 AMG does 0-60 in 3.9 and the performance package version does it in 3.8. I believe from what I've read the Tesla performance S is 4.3.
    May I suggest reading the article? I think you'll find it interesting.
    Tom Saxton
    Nov 30 2006 to Jun 5 2009 - A long wait for an awesome ride.

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    Fastest American built sedan is what they mean I think. Also, Tesla gives a true 0-60 time while all the car magazines do a 12-18" rollout so that drops it down to around 3.9 seconds.
    That's why a number of Model S reviews say they get 4.0 seconds is when they do a rollout with it also.

Quote Originally Posted by Grendal View Post
    That's why a number of Model S reviews say they get 4.0 seconds is when they do a rollout with it also.
    In a video accompanying the article they actually say 3.9 seconds...
    "Our goal has been to create something that is a reliable truck, essentially, rather than a Ferrari." Elon Musk

Items for Sale
    The comments on the MT blog are scary. Can there be that many people who are complete idiots? When I see such an impressive display of stupidity I'm always reminded of H.L. Mencken's quip: No one ever lost any money underestimating the intelligence of the American people. Or are these people just frightened by the changes that are coming?

Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    The comments on the MT blog are scary. Can there be that many people who are complete idiots? When I see such an impressive display of stupidity I'm always reminded of H.L. Mencken's quip: No one ever lost any money underestimating the intelligence of the American people. Or are these people just frightened by the changes that are coming?
    There's usually a barrage of idiotic comments on any EV story, positive or negative, that appears in the mainstream press. There are a number of us who spend a bunch of time refuting the ridiculously ignorant statements. I don't do it expecting to change the minds of any of the idiots, but I like showing there's another side to anyone who has an open mind.
    Tom Saxton
    Nov 30 2006 to Jun 5 2009 - A long wait for an awesome ride.

I thought the Cadillac CTS-V sedan was the fastest American sedan?

Quote Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
    I thought the Cadillac CTS-V sedan was the fastest American sedan?
    Welcome to the forum!

2012 Cadillac CTS-V Prices, Specs & Reviews - Motor Trend Magazine

In our testing the CTS-V is capable of consistent 4.0-second 0-60 mph times no matter the body style and transmission
    World Exclusive! 2012 Tesla Model S Test and Range Verification - Motor Trend

When we crunched the numbers (with no weather correction because the car doesn't ingest air), the car's 0-60-mph time was 3.9 seconds
    3.9 < 4.0
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Items for Sale
    And it's a huge gas guzzler, 14 city 19 highway. Just what we need for a climate gone mad.

2010 2.0 Sport, VIN 0683 jordanthompson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    And it's a huge gas guzzler, 14 city 19 highway. Just what we need for a climate gone mad.
    But its an American icon!... Oh wait... so's the Tesla
    "No matter where you go, you're already there in your Tesla" -- Paraphrased from Buckaroo Banzai

Thread Information