Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whither 7-seats?

Is Tesla sandbagging 7-seat option to avoid delaying sales to those who don't _need it_?

• Yes

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They may still be trying to figure out how to make the 7 seat work. The initial Model X's had a ton of problems w/ the 3rd row. 5 seat is basically just the Model 3 interior so not much work there. Why not start shipping those while you're working on the 7 seat version?

May be worth keeping an eye on used MX prices as the year goes on.

They may still be trying to figure out how to make the 7 seat work. The initial Model X's had a ton of problems w/ the 3rd row. 5 seat is basically just the Model 3 interior so not much work there. Why not start shipping those while you're working on the 7 seat version?

May be worth keeping an eye on used MX prices as the year goes on.
Good points.

Yep, I was just talking with my wife about used MX. It's really too big for our driveway / garage / city, but given the limited depreciation of Teslas, we could live with it for a year and then buy a MY7 when it's available.

There are very few roomy 7 seaters out there. MB GL/GLS does it best. Second I would say Sequoia but that is a huge vehicle. No way a model Y is going to be a roomy 7 seater. Better off with a used X which at best is still poor for the very rear seats for all but kids.

After today's updates to the Model Y configurations, the delay to receive 7-seat vs. 5-seat went from 1 quarter to a full year!

I need those extra 2 seats for grandparent haulage, but can't swing the $$ for a Model X :(
I’m on the same boat. Pre-Ordered LR RWD 7 seater. I expected the 7 seater to arrive by Fall 2020. But the 7 seater configuration is disabled in the Design Studio with message (available in 2021).. Also they have killed LR RWD in the Design studio. I should go back and forget about MY for another year