Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also some shady goings on around preferred shares of a merger/spinoff

Wow. Perfect example of

a) lottery ticket thinking of a lot of “investors” who don’t do any due diligence and expect to make money by rolling the dice
b) why the sec exists, to try to stop this crap from happening
c) how the sec is often clueless and can’t react fast and doesn’t have tools to tamp down such speculation
d) it was a pump and dump, but was it an intentional one? It could easily have been clueless people banding together.

Seriously hoping you left an /s off there

Cruise is a piece of *sugar*. Their accident rate is multiples higher than FSDb, and they are geofenced to a TINY subset of two cities in the US. The practical "value" of their service is near zero.

Oh, and GM spent 3.5B on Cruise in the last 2 years for . . . 60M in revenue.
Is the Cruse "robo-taxi" operation still limited to just a few hours a day-in the middle of the night? I know that was the case a few months ago-and they still have a number of crashes.

Anyone else following $TMC (The Metals Company)? Been on quite a tear lately, and we are supposed to see mining regs finally issued by the International Seabed Authority shortly, as in within the next few weeks. We'll see if it will happen-they have been "working" on them for nearly 3 decades. But if the harvesting area is granted to TMC, this might finally take off very nicely. Their pilot project last fall went well.

Attachments

• TMC.JPG
    TMC.JPG
    60.8 KB · Views: 180
Reactions: ggies07
Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Anyone else following $TMC (The Metals Company)? Been on quite a tear lately, and we are supposed to see mining regs finally issued by the International Seabed Authority shortly, as in within the next few weeks. We'll see if it will happen-they have been "working" on them for nearly 3 decades. But if the harvesting area is granted to TMC, this might finally take off very nicely. Their pilot project last fall went well.
Yeah we've discussed TMC in this thread a couple times. There was a Barrons article recently that was quite favorable, but that alone couldn't account for the runup. There might be some institutional betting that TMC soon will receive a license to recover nodules, but I still am a bit concerned about environmental opposition and lawsuits mucking everything up worse than the deep sea mining ever would. Note, I do own some TMC and this post should not be considered as financial advice.

Reactions: TN Mtn Man

Nice. This is exactly the kind of niche application I see these advanced battery types being used for first. Many people keep thinking that they’ll be deployed for EVs and somehow pose a threat to Tesla’s battery efforts. The reality is that they will be too expensive for that very demanding application for many, many years. EV batteries require huge scale and very cheap prices, two things that startups just aren’t going to be able to deliver.

But, a slow ramp supply contract with premium pricing for a specific application that can take advantage of their high energy density is exactly what they can do, and kudos to Enovix for navigating the government contracting maze.

Nice. This is exactly the kind of niche application I see these advanced battery types being used for first. Many people keep thinking that they’ll be deployed for EVs and somehow pose a threat to Tesla’s battery efforts. The reality is that they will be too expensive for that very demanding application for many, many years. EV batteries require huge scale and very cheap prices, two things that startups just aren’t going to be able to deliver.

But, a slow ramp supply contract with premium pricing for a specific application that can take advantage of their high energy density is exactly what they can do, and kudos to Enovix for navigating the government contracting maze.
It's a lot simpler maze when the bid specs are tuned to a niche product.

The strategic collaboration combines the design power of META's metal mesh technology with the supplier's exceptional production capabilities in transparent conductive films. Together, this collaboration will offer cutting-edge alternatives that surpass industry standards and set new benchmarks for the mass production of META's NANOWEB, a transparent conductive metal mesh film.

Proterra has had a good week, recent announcement of a large charging facility partnership

Spotify user growth continues to exceed expectations and they missed revenue just a bit this past quarter. They also just raised monthly subscription price and will become profitable this year. I think of Netflix, or dare I say tsla, early days. Macro still a pressure on all stocks, but looking out 5 years, I see all green. Not advise!

Reactions: Buckminster
Anyone have any thoughts, comments about Lincoln Electric. LECO? And their move into L3 fast charging.. domestic, decades old company, apparently already with robust systems being installed. I’m think with domestic OEM’s and IRA financing that a domestic charging play might prove to be well supported.

Anyone have any thoughts, comments about Lincoln Electric. LECO? And their move into L3 fast charging.. domestic, decades old company, apparently already with robust systems being installed. I’m think with domestic OEM’s and IRA financing that a domestic charging play might prove to be well supported.
I like their welders. That may give them an angle into the market if there is an existing client base that likes their products when deciding what brand to use for charging infrastructure. That said, high speed charging is an extremely busy field with almost all major companies with electrical engineering experience already bringing a product to market. I doubt they could extract high margins on their products because of this.

Reactions: tivoboy