Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[UK] 2024 Order to Delivery discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@pritchEV have you got yours yet? Mine is being delivered on Saturday!
Hey! Yes! It was delivered yesterday morning, it’s awesome!

The only issue I had was it kept showing the car was expected at the delivery centre. I had signed all the paperwork but you then have to wait for someone to press a button somewhere for the app to unlock so you can press “start” on the delivery page. I ended up contacting the delivery centre to speed it up.
The update took ages to complete (it got stuck on 100% download for 3hrs) but then completed.
And my phone wouldn’t connected to the car Bluetooth for calls initally, it kept saying failed but after the update it completed perfectly!

The car itself is beautiful, drives amazingly, it comes with floor mats (the one thing I was unsure about), a 3 pin charger and another charge cable for untethered points, as well as a warning triangle.

As it’s the RWD model I was a little nervous about audio quality as I know it has less speakers than the LR model but I didn’t need to be worried, the audio is grand!:)

It arrived with 33% charge and I got an email providing me with 100 miles of supercharging for free.
I charged it to full last night and cost £3.80 (with Eon next drive).

If you got any questions let me know!:)

Come on the @MadeAutomatic - have you collected it yet???? Wheres the pic ha ha! Hope you're having fun mate!
Hahaha. Yeah back home now mate. Holy crap it's even better than I thought after the test drive! The cameras calibrated after a few miles on the M6 and I turned on autopilot. Bloody loved it tbf, in the M6/M5 stop start traffic it was amazing. So good in fact that after I took my exit off the motorway I briefly forgot I had to brake myself haha nearly went into the back of a van 🤪 Can confirm the brakes are also decent. Had a chance to get up to 80 on the way back and no issues with vibrations that some others have reported from previous deliveries. There's a super tiny blemish in the clear coat on the bonnet that I reported but is literally like a pinhead. No problems with panel gaps, the interior fit and finish is perfect.

There was an issue with the key cards that took about an hour for them to sort out but I set up all the car settings while I waited so not so bad, robbed a few packs of Biscoff's for the inconvenience lol

Photo of the car and waiting area attached

Attachments

• IMG_4051.jpeg
    IMG_4051.jpeg
    480 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_4048.jpeg
    IMG_4048.jpeg
    600.8 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Adam Charlton
Full Start to Finish Order & Collection Progress For Anyone Waiting and Interested

29th February 2024.

-Website shows estimated delivery April-May 2024 before I place my order
-Order placed for RWD Model 3, Ultra Red, 19” Alloys, Black Interior.
-After order placed estimated delivery is changed to 29th May-1st August 2024(In the app)

30th March 2024.
-Estimated delivery has now changed in the app to 10th May-27th June

2nd April 2024
-Opened app to a new pop up screen notification saying “Tesla Vision is now used not USS” or words to that effect. Had to accept to proceed.
-Estimated delivery has changed in the app to 17th May-1st June
-Text message received from Tesla informing me that a reg number is now assigned and to complete my pre delivery tasks. No VIN assigned yet.
-Ive filled out all the pre delivery info, name, address etc and uploaded photos of my drivers license front/back

3rd April 2024
-Text message from Tesla to schedule a collection appointment. First available date was 16th May. Booked for 10:30am collection.

24th April 2024
-App has updated today asking to complete my delivery tasks. It’s now showing the final payment due with the account details for the wire transfer. Card payment not allowed.
-VIN has now appeared in the vehicle details screen
-My collection date is still the one I picked (May 16th @10:30am)

25th April 2024
-I’ve made a part payment today because my bank doesn’t allow over £25,000 in bank transfers in a single day.

Note: When the Tesla account details are entered into your online banking you will probably get a warning that the details can’t be verified. This is because the bank they use is not using the system that uk banks use for verification.
Double check that you entered the correct account number and sort code and make sure that you add your RN number into the reference field. I also emailed a screenshot to the email address that Tesla asked for confirmation to be sent to.

26th April 2024
I made the second/final payment today. Tesla sent me an email receipt after approximately 30 minutes and the new balance due was reflecting in the app. After yesterday’s payment they did the same. If I tap the blue “View” button in the app it takes me straight to the delivery day tab where there is a note to check back on my appointment day :)

15th May 2024
Received email from Tesla today telling me that “Due to a new industry policy, your vehicle must be shipped with a max 50% charge—meaning your Model 3 charge status may be lower than our usual standard at your delivery appointment.

We are giving you 100 miles of free Supercharging* for the inconvenience. You will be able to view your Supercharging credit a few days after delivery in the Refer and Earn section in your Tesla app.”

16th May 2024
Arrived on time at Longbridge for our 10:30 collection. Checked in and sent to look over car. Followed a check list. Everything all good except for 2 really tiny barely visible specks in the clear coat on the bonnet. Had the problem noted and will be going back for it to be sorted. Might not bother, gonna be getting it detailed and ceramic coated anyway. Second problem was there was an issue with the key cards not working so we had to hang around while new ones were created. Took longer than it should’ve but got on the road after an hour.

Reactions: PalletTownFC
Also picked up mine from Brent Cross after exactly 3 months of waiting, ordering via Octopus EV Salary Sacrifice!

Got the M3 RWD in Black with Black interior. Car was spotless, although they didn’t remove some plastic covers for the sun visor magnets (not sure if it was left on purpose haha)

Anyways, car had 29% charge and the 100 mile credit was already in the app by the time I got to Park Royal SuC..

Did 76 miles with a mix of city (London) and motorway driving.. back home with 72% charge after charging to 100%(also had Sentry on for most of the day)! No vibrations or any issues 50 mph or upwards! First time EV owner, and man the car is pretty incredible!

88 miles if I remember correctly.

Got it plugged in now to the wall connector, but that was programmed to start charging at midnight to 7am so waiting patiently to make sure it charges for tomorrow! Wall connector has rubbish wifi so I can’t take the schedule off, unless there is another way?
…and charging kicked in at midnight as scheduled on the wall charger.

Really impressed with the tech. So far so good. It works well