Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Trip Report 2024 Tesla Model Y Performance Naples FL to Yonkers NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Road Missile: 2024 Tesla Model Y Performance, Hankook ION EVO tires.

Starting mileage: 184 miles. That’s right, brand new. I picked up this MYP lease a week before with 11 miles on the odometer.

Round 1, Leg 1: Naples FL to Brooksville FL (250kw)
I left the house with 100% charge, a quick stop a few min later to confirm I had brought something lol, then straight to the Brooksville FL supercharger. 211 miles, arriving with 16% charge
Had lunch at Beef O’Brady’s, which was fine. There is also a supermarket at this location.

Round 1, Leg 2: Brooksville FL to Brunswick GA (250kw)
Left Brooksville with 99%, according to TeslaFi, and did a straight shot to Brunswick GA, 225.97 miles, arriving with 8%.

Hankook tires: Very quiet, very stable, very comfortable. I was expecting MIchelin AS4 when I picked up the car but these have served well. A track day will determine where they are in the true ‘Performance’ respect but on the street AND highway they’ve been great.

Round 1 was totally smooth and pleasant, from the trip planner, supercharging sessions, to ride quality …. everything was great. I also have to point out that the 2024 MYP was a much better ride, in every way, compared to the 2023 MYLR demo I tried out a couple of months earlier.

Overnighted at Hampton Gardens Inn, another pleasant experience.

Round 1 TeslaFi data:

IMG_0894.jpeg

Round 2, Leg 1: Brunswick GA to St George SC (250kw)
Round 2, Leg 2: St George SC to Florence SC (Buc-cees 250kw)
Round 2, Leg 3: Florence SC to Lumberton NC (250kw)
Round 2, Leg 4: Lumberton NC to Stony Creek VA (250kw)

I charged at Brunswick GA the night before to 67%, plenty for Sentry mode, and then checked in to the hotel. Then this morning I went back to the supercharger for a bit of charge but mainly to use the supercharger as a battery conditioner to get the electrons flowing. During this time I used the trip planner to set things up for today’s round.

Things changed a bit :p when I saw the billboard for Buc-cees. I quickly added that as a stop lol.

Not sure why the trip planner had me stopping at the Lumberton NC supercharger but it was my first ever road trip in a full EV so I went with it.

TeslaFi data:

IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0896.jpeg

IMG_0897.jpeg

Last edited:
Round 3, Leg 1: Stony Creek VA to Stafford VA (250kw)
Round 3, Leg 2: Stafford VA to Maryland House Travel Plaza (Aberdeen MD supercharger, 150kw)
Round 3, Leg 3: Maryland House Travel Plaza to Tarrytown NY (150kw)

The morning supercharger 70% / precondition move worked nicely the previous morning so I did it again and again it worked out well.

VA traffic is crap. A lot of congestion mid-morning, mid-afternoon. Why aren’t you people at work! (this round was a Monday)

The Maryland House Travel Plaza was nice, great place to stop for lunch.

I had to fool with the trip planner. It refused to let go of crossing over the George Washington bridge to my destination so I cancelled that destination and chose Elmsford NY which is right past the Tappan Zee Bridge (yes, TAPPAN ZEE ……) which was definitely my preference. The GW bridge itself is actually fine, it’s just when you get over it into NY that it all goes to crap lol.

Did a final charge in Tarrytown and then headed to my ultimate destination in Yonkers.

-

IMG_0898.jpeg

IMG_0899.jpeg

Last edited:
You have to plan trips from NY to FL and FL to NY around Virginia. It’s the only state you will hit real traffic. My goal is to hit VA around 4am and be done before the gridlock from 7a-9p. Worst state in the country.

Starting mileage: 184 miles. That’s right, brand new. I picked up this MYP lease a week before with 11 miles on the odometer.

I left the house with 100% charge, a quick stop a few min later to confirm I had brought something lol, then straight to the Brooksville FL supercharger. 211 miles, arriving with 16% charge
Had lunch at Beef O’Brady’s, which was fine. There is also a supermarket at this location.

Left Brooksville with 99%, according to TeslaFi, and did a straight shot to Brunswick GA, 225.97 miles, arriving with 8%.

Hankook tires: Very quiet, very stable, very comfortable. I was expecting MIchelin AS4 when I picked up the car but these have served well. A track day will determine where they are in the true ‘Performance’ respect but on the street AND highway they’ve been great.

Round 1 was totally smooth and pleasant, from the trip planner, supercharging sessions, to ride quality …. everything was great. I also have to point out that the 2024 MYP was a much better ride, in every way, compared to the 2023 MYLR demo I tried out a couple of months earlier.

Round 1 TeslaFi data:

View attachment 1044194
I thought you were going at a higher speed; It’s insane how you’re only able to get about 240 miles out of a full charge at an average speed of about 70mph. Imagine having a little fun at 85-95 mph😲 🤦🏻‍♂️ after all it’s a Performance model 🤣😂

Round 1 TeslaFi data:

View attachment 1044194
What app did you use to get all this informatnion?