Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMS 2014 problem: « You press both pedals » after automatic car wash.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

I have a Tesla Model S manufactured in 2014. This is the third time in a row that it has reported errors when leaving the automatic car wash. I'm sure I don't press both pedals at the same time. When I brake, PRND turns red on the dashboard and the following messages appear: DI_u013, DI_u012, DI_u004, DI_f019.

It unlocks, more or less quickly, by pressing the accelerator several times.

After two or three days the problem disappeared and the car ran normally.

Attachments

• IMG_3629.jpeg
    IMG_3629.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 4
Obviously water is entering where it shouldn't. The last alert you listed is the radar unit in the front bumper becoming inoperative, in addition to the other alerts which show both pedals depressed. Maybe you are missing or have a loose bottom panel covering the underside? The early Model S have water intrusion / corrosion issues into the high voltage battery as well. Definitely don't use a car wash with high pressure spray to the underbody at this point.

Reactions: brainhouston
Upvote 0
I'm going to try to find the electrical connector for the brake pedal and the one for the accelerator pedal. They must be connected to a module. My goal is to check their seals.
I start with checking the drive unit connectors. Though given you have multiple different issues you might want to check the ground points on both sides under the frunk tub. (They are known to corrode causing weird electrical issues, especially in the older Model Ss.)

Upvote 0