Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is it just me, or, is the very fact that these many and several investment channels are having to provide a way for TSLA shareholders to vote is illustrating something worth consideration.

That something being, in the past there has not been a swell of interest from shareholders to vote for most other stocks through these channels. So, there was no method provided when it wasn't being asked about.

Most people just don't care enough about most stocks to even inquire in significant enough numbers to result in such a change by the brokers to accommodate voting.

Next consideration point. Of those asking to vote for TSLA, which is more likely:

• They are doing so because they feel the Delaware judgement needs to be righted, Elon needs to be paid for doing above and beyond what was expected, and they want Tesla to continue to thrive as a result of a positive vote.

• They are angry at Elon for something that is unrelated to the success of Tesla and have actually taken time out of their lives to figure out how to get their vote counted to teach him a lesson for whatever they believe he has done.

In my experience it has always seemed that the sort of people who let their emotions be influenced toward negativity will usually take time to type or talk their line of thought, but many won't actually take time to solve problems (like how to vote) because that doesn't bring the endorphin rush that getting all emotionally worked up in front of other people will provide them.

From where I sit, I'd like to think the lion's share of those actually taking steps to vote where no one has voted before, boldly going where shareholders have not been, seeking out how to vote and support the transition, will predominantly be made up of those in favor of Elon's pay package.

Of course, I could be wrong. What do you think? ;)
I agree. Buying and showing off my Cybertruck gives me a way to visibly contradict the FUD in a way that is hard to refute.

Voting is the same. I think most retail investors who hold shares would vote for Elon. Those people who have fallen victim to the bile spewed against Elon and Tesla likely don’t hold shares.

I agree. Buying and showing off my Cybertruck gives me a way to visibly contradict the FUD in a way that is hard to refute.

Voting is the same. I think most retail investors who hold shares would vote for Elon. Those people who have fallen victim to the bile spewed against Elon and Tesla likely don’t hold shares.

Now now, some of them might have as many as nine shares... :rolleyes:

That's the same mockup from Franz design studio pics of which (with Franz standing in front of it) made the rounds last year- it's not new.

Respectfully disagree. I edited my original post to include the ‘Franz with RT mock up’.

Roofline and especially the B-pillar are different imo.

A data point. I was speaking w a manager in a Service Center Body Shop today. He specifically said he was not bothered by the layoffs, that they are still projecting massive growth in their business. That the attitudes there are not what “you see in the media.”

I will be onsite there later this week and judge for myself. I will also visit the showroom and regular Service Dept.

The best service is no service.

Maybe they're finally achieving that.

Respectfully disagree. I edited my original post to include the ‘Franz with RT mock up’.

Roofline and especially the B-pillar are different imo.

Fair! looked like same mock up at a glance, but seeing them next to each other it's definitely a different iteration of the design--- appreciate the correction and I've deleted my original post.

The AI & Robotics "threat" is now detailed at Electrek, for the people who aren't active on X.

I appreciate that DarkandStormy put the word "threat" in quotes here...

By defining it as a threat, Electrek is making the same logical mistake that a poster here elegantly pointed out last week.

Something like: " 'If A, then B' is not the same as 'If NOT A, then NOT B.' "

Sad that so many in the media, etc. have latched onto this "threat" word...putting it on full display that they don't remember the basic tenets of logic that they should have learned in high school geometry (at least that's where I was first introduced to logical argument...not sure why it was specifically part of a geometry course).

From where I sit, I'd like to think the lion's share of those actually taking steps to vote where no one has voted before, boldly going where shareholders have not been, seeking out how to vote and support the transition, will predominantly be made up of those in favor of Elon's pay package.

Of course, I could be wrong. What do you think? ;)
Sounds like some kind of star trek traveling to strange new worlds🖖

Hey look at that

View attachment 1048830

Edited post with ‘old’ RT mock up

View attachment 1048834
The rear wheels have a narrower track than the front. Great for efficiency, horrible for performance. FSD protections will keep this vehicle from operating beyond its safe envelope. Cannot see how a consumer version of this car is competitive.

It may be a smarter move to design a consumer car in a lower price bracket from a wider, paid-for, and sorted-out 3/Y platform than the RT bespoke one.

Reactions: wipster
The rear wheels have a narrower track than the front. Great for efficiency, horrible for performance. FSD protections will keep this vehicle from operating beyond its safe envelope. Cannot see how a consumer version of this car is competitive.

It may be a smarter move to design a consumer car in a lower price bracket from a wider, paid-for, and sorted-out 3/Y platform than the RT bespoke one.
This was discussed when that pic first showed up.... and it seems to be an illusion/perspective issue.

The left side of the car is closer to the camera than the right. You can see the body line is not parallel to the bottom edge of the pic. The wheels are both inset from the lower body sill/frame.

Each wheel is over a seam in the concrete, and you can see the front seam appears to end at the bottom of the pic, whereas that back one ends before the edge of the pic.

1716231199225.png

Both of these red lines in the pic are the same length, it was just copied and flipped horizontally:

1716231300860.png

• Helpful
Reactions: Drumheller
How does that action not match his words? Just because he thought it was also worth doing, doesn't imply that he was abandoning his other endeavors.

First he wanted to acquire Twitter. Then he tried to get out of the deal. Then he was forced to go through with it anyway. And after that he kept talking about how acquiring Twitter was vitally important to preserve free speech. However, he didn't actually want to buy it but was forced. So apparently he changed his mind on free speech in the middle of the process? Was free speech important or not? Or was it just important after he was forced to go through with the acquisition?

Please tell me how claiming that free speech is the most important thing and therefore acquiring Twitter was very important, after he desperately tried to get out of the deal?

Again, he believed the compensation plan would allow for some resources that didn't materialize. Intent matters... even if reality doesn't always play along.
Yes, but if having a 25% ownership stake in Tesla is that important, why did he decide to sell a ton of shares? In fact, if he hadn't sold, he would have been close to 25%, but not above it, right?

So again, please tell me how he can claim that owning 25% of Tesla is vitally important to him after he dumped a ton of shares and contributed to crashing Tesla stock?

(Edit: By the way, if you are now saying that he thought that he could dump a significant amount of shares on the market and still maintain a higher ownership rate through the compensation plan and this was what he thought he would get away with, is this not exactly against the interests of shareholders? If the 2018 compensation package allows him to sell out of other positions in Tesla and cash in for whatever reason, this seems to go against the claim that the compensation package would incentivize him to focus on Tesla for at least the next decade or so.)

Do you know that he didn't believe Tesla was at a point where he could re-apportion some of his time? Do you know he didn't believe that he could make both situations work financially? How are those things categorically mutually exclusive?
Because, again, if acquiring Twitter was extremely important, why did he try to get out of the deal?

If owning 25% of Tesla was extremely important, why did he dump tons of shares and sell significantly down in the company?

How are these not mutually exclusive? They do not add up as far as I can tell. Even just looking at the Twitter acquisition his actions and words were self-contradictory (said it was very important to acquire Twitter, but tried to not do it).

If you don't have the answers to those questions, I don't really think you can make the assertion that his actions are at odds with his words.
I can only share my personal opinion of course. And I am also hoping someone will explain to me what I'm missing here, so that I can see how his actions actually do match his words. I just don't see that at the moment.

I used to be a huge fan of his. I would love for there to be an explanation to this that doesn't make him look like either a liar or someone who's extremely confused and/or erratic.

Last edited: