Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TAS version mismatch

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2021 model s plaid. It has an active code gtw_w042 tas version mismatched and air ride compressor not working. I tried the software reinstall several times and the code remains active. The pressure and height sensors all appear to be working and reading correctly. I'm out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Try adjusting suspension to low, and then adjust to very high. Does your car reach these minimum / maximum levels? If so, your air ride compressor is obviously working. If you are seeing this in the Service app, it may be a communications lag in a check during initialization. It was too slow to respond in time, and is likely a transient error that will go away. If you have an issue with the suspension, you should get a pop-up on the main screen that there is an issue outside of the service app. If this is what you are seeing, I'd get service to look at it.

Upvote 0
I put 12v to the compressor just to verify that it works, and it does. The suspension does not raise or lower but, in service mode you can see all of the suspension heights and the pressure in the superheated. I assume that the compressor won't run because of the version mismatch. Is there any other options other than taking it to the dealer?

Upvote 0
I put 12v to the compressor just to verify that it works, and it does. The suspension does not raise or lower but, in service mode you can see all of the suspension heights and the pressure in the superheated. I assume that the compressor won't run because of the version mismatch. Is there any other options other than taking it to the dealer?
Not that I would do, but besides rotating tires and basic troubleshooting, I don't work on my Tesla. Sounds like if there is a version mismatch, Tesla can fix it remotely.

Upvote 0