Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SpaceX F9 - Euclid - SLC-40

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Launch Date: July 1
Launch Window: 11:11am EDT (8:11am PDT, 15:11 UTC)
Launch site: SLC-40, Cape Canaveral Space Force Station (CCSFS), Florida
Core Booster Recovery: ASDS - ASOG
Booster: B1080.2
Fairings: NEW
Mass: 848 kg (1,870 lb)
Orbit: Sun-Earth L-2 point
Yearly Launch Number: 44

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch the Euclid mission for the European Space Agency. Euclid is an astrophysics mission with a telescope and two scientific instruments designed to explore the evolution of the dark universe. It will make a 3D-map of the universe by observing billions of galaxies out to 10 billion light-years, across more than a third of the sky. Euclid will be launched to an observing orbit at the Sun-Earth L2 Lagrange point. The mission was originally supposed to launch on a Russian Soyuz rocket.

1687581224935.png

Last edited:
I wish they'd stop anthropomorphizing rockets and spacecraft. I find it unsettling. "SN15 welcomes Ship 25 to the rocket garden." I could rant on about dehumanizing people and humanizing everything else, but I'll stop with just that mention.
I agree with you and have thought about that for years. But it’s just the way most humans like to think about vehicles; it’s been done with ocean vessels for probably thousands of years.

Reactions: JB47394