Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Guys look what I did today! Officially moving from lurker to waiter.

Design:
Model S Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Ultra Red
21" Arachnid Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Yoke Steering
Autopilot

I am so excited as I have been wanting a Model S for 10 years now.

Me looking at all the Model 3/Y owners the first time I visit the Service Center with my MS.

vultouri.jpg

I had 4 delivery reschedules for my MSLR 2024 in March. Turns out, the car had undergone front fender repaint (noticed it post-signing). Returned it after 42 days with 960 miles on it. But you know what's cool? Realized I need the Plaid. Already ordered it, just waiting on the VIN.
How does one "return" a car after 42 days with 960 miles?!?

As I understand it, some amount of damage is allowed on a new car, without disclosure, before the manufacturer is in trouble, so do please advise.

Thanks!

I test drove M3H and MS one hour each directly after each other. The M3H had the 18 inch wheels, MS the 21. The M3H impressmed me!! Sound prooving M3H is definitelly ahead, road noise much better. You can tell from the the first moment that you don't hear the tyres rolling that much. Micro virbarions and ride quality, M3H slightly better; the 21 wheels may play a significant role. I need to test the MS with 19s.
But if Tesla can improve a M3 by that much (I know the "old" M3 quite well), I am really curious for the next step of the MS. Tesla please let the same team work on the MS as you did for the M3, I will buy that blind; but for now I only can go with the M3.

How does one "return" a car after 42 days with 960 miles?!?

As I understand it, some amount of damage is allowed on a new car, without disclosure, before the manufacturer is in trouble, so do please advise.

Thanks!
I returned it because I felt deceived as a consumer. The reason for the return was the repair of the front fender, specifically, it had been repainted, which meant it was no longer in its original factory condition – it had two layers of paint! I only noticed the fender repair when I got home after picking it up.

According to the contract I signed with Tesla, anyone has 60 days for arbitration. After 60 days, if the manufacturer can't fix the issue, you can return the car through arbitration.

Since my car couldn't be brought back to its factory paint condition, Tesla had no options to rectify this defect.

Here's what I did to initiate the return:
1. I wrote a letter to the showroom manager who handled the sale.
2. I called California, opened a return case, and got a case number.
3. I filed an official complaint with Tesla, sent a signed letter by mail to their office for car return.
4. I emailed a copy of the letters to the senior showroom manager where I bought the car.
5. I waited for a response...
6. I received confirmation that the case was under review.
7. Tesla approved the car return.
8. I accepted the refund amount.
9. I went to return the car, signed the papers, and they inspected and accepted the car.
10. I received a check by mail :)

Ordered another one, now waiting...

There was a moment when I returned it and got a loaner car because I needed to realign the wheels. The car was pulling to the left during acceleration, and the service addressed this issue within 7 days.

Now, why the wait? You can't open an arbitration case until 60 days have passed since opening the return case, as stipulated in the purchase contract I signed.

To be honest, I didn't think they'd resolve my issue within those 60 days.

The Tesla showroom's stance was very firm, and they didn't make concessions to me, even though they took my car in a trade-in, essentially leaving me without a car. Despite repeatedly writing to them and asking for a loaner so I could take the kids to daycare and commute to work, their response was, "You won't get a loaner."

I've simplified a lot here since there were many calls and emails handled by my spouse, who's a lawyer, and it was straightforward for her, although I was very anxious about being left without a car and Tesla depriving me of means of transportation.

My spouse said, "Let's wait for 60 days and then arbitration..."

During the entire time the case was being considered, I drove this car and realized that the LR model was a bit slow for me :) and I put 960 miles on this car. Usually, people are afraid to damage a car, but I would've just repainted it a third time and that's it :)))

Guys look what I did today! Officially moving from lurker to waiter.

Design:
Model S Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Ultra Red
21" Arachnid Wheels
Cream Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Yoke Steering
Autopilot

I am so excited as I have been wanting a Model S for 10 years now.
View attachment 1045797View attachment 1045798
I wanted the 19s but the inventory model they offered came with 21s
A month later I’ve got a few dings on the wheels and I deal with 0 curbs.

Can’t wait to swap them out for 19s or 20s

Reactions: TBrownTX
I wanted the 19s but the inventory model they offered came with 21s
A month later I’ve got a few dings on the wheels and I deal with 0 curbs.

Can’t wait to swap them out for 19s or 20s

I roll with 20” Uberturbines on my M3P now. After 3 years, they are in great shape. I appreciate the improved handling and looks of larger wheels. The 19s do nothing for me.

Reactions: AMPd
I considered doing this as my local Tesla place has a Plaid in my spec in inventory with 67 miles. They want $94.5k for it and won’t come off the price. Mine with sport seats ordered is $87,990. Not willing to pay more for a “used” car. If I could get it for even the same price as mine I’d consider it but they balked at that idea. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Yea, you're not getting a massive discount on inventory unless it's a beat up demo with a lot of miles and at least a year old.