Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hey all, first time Tesla about-to-be owner and need advice on the color.
I have had the Blue LR on order since December, but now thinking about switching to MSM.
I like the blue, but I feel it's gonna be really tough to keep it clean. Even a little bit of dirt/mud shines on the Blue paint, while the Grey doesn't have these issues.
Am I correct? Looking for advice if my observation is correct, and how do folks here maintain their blue exteriors?
Probably not helpful since it adds another choice, but I found the MC Red to be remarkably good at hiding regular road dust and the like.

SA says actual deliveries start June 3rd nation-wide. They aren't staggering the first batch based on location. He's been reliable with info, my 4th Tesla from him. He said they expect Vins any day now.

I have never been assigned to a reliable SA. The next time you speak to your SA, please ask if it's okay to provide a TMC member with his email. Thank you

Reactions: bmt00
Red is the only correct color.
If your are color blind, and don't like taking care of your cars paint, can't go wrong with white. This is especially true in the US southwest.

My next car will be red however.

Interesting point, any dark color is nearly as hot to the touch as black. Thermally speaking, white is the coolest color, if not aestheticly.

Reactions: HumanInput
I have never been assigned to a reliable SA. The next time you speak to your SA, please ask if it's okay to provide a TMC member with his email. Thank you

The SA at Sherman Oaks told me the same thing about National deliveries on 6/3.

Could be they are both reading from the same playbook. So, means nothing really.

If no-one has a VIN by COB tommorow I expect only a handful of deliveries, all to employees.

They probably will drive them back to the factory to get finished.

Just a thought that the increase addition of a new Autopilot tier cost of $4K could result in a reduction in MSRP by $4K. They could separate out the cost of that $4K and the $10K autopilot to make them add-ons to be completed within 3 days of the purchase but separate form the hardware sale and allow us to get $4K of upgrades and stay under $80K. That would accommodate interior and exterior color changes. Wheel upgrades could be done as a post-delivery choice as well. It would be a win-win and would explain the new $4K charge.

Reactions: Robotpedlr
Isn't that what we've all been clamoring for, a unified answer from corporate?

Sometimes those answers turn out to be false, such as, most recent statements on FSD.

A blanket statement on the order page, would be nice. Any self help vids on the new wheel also.

I really do not know what folks are clamoring for, short of, your car is in front of your house, please sign in the app to accept..