Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Software Update 2019.5.x

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AP appears to be better at detecting lanes when passing by sections of road where there is no center or side line. The lane lines on the screen used to disappear when passing through a section of road where road lines are absent due to a crossing road. It now keeps lane lines on the screen which means to me it is getting better at looking further ahead and understanding there is still a lane when there is a temporary disruption in the painted lines.

This is my single biggest (and only significant) complaint about AP. If it's largely resolved in 5.16, that'd be fantastic.

Did you mean to type 16? I just received 15 yesterday and dashcam worked fine last night.
There is a 16. Don't know if we know what the difference is (first column is today)

(15 is mostly 3's, 16 is mostly not 3's... for what that's worth!)

upload_2019-3-14_11-10-34.png

This is my single biggest (and only significant) complaint about AP. If it's largely resolved in 5.16, that'd be fantastic.

Highly unlikely any change. NOA varies a lot. Some days, in what appears to be similar conditions it might take an exit ramp smoothly, stay centered, the next day not so great.

When NOA takes a step forward I suspect Elon will toot his horn when it's coming (typically 3 months later than he says).

Not sure if I'm imagining this, but with this update it seems like it requires less torque on the steering wheel to disengage AP. It has happened to me a handful of times during my morning commute as I was (I thought) providing only enough force to avoid the "hands on wheel" nag. Just curious if anyone else has had unintentional disengagements like this.

Thanks! It's a bit disconcerting releases are by model #. That, right there, increases their development costs and risks of injected bugs.

He said MOSTLY. Could simply mean they ran into a bug on one platform, fixed it, and then continued the release.

There are differences in hardware, displays and capabilities among the fleet.

They might run into bugs based on locale as well (like Canada).

There is a 16. Don't know if we know what the difference is (first column is today)

(15 is mostly 3's, 16 is mostly not 3's... for what that's worth!)

View attachment 386273

I'd put that slightly differently...

5.16 is trickle-testing to all models, including the 3. The S and X folks are hoping it becomes a broad rollout, because they haven't gotten a 5.X rollout yet.

5.15 has rolled out broadly, but only to Model 3. It was only trickle-tested on other models. You can see the ratios in the numbers below.

The trickle testing numbers on the various models of S and X are roughly the same for both versions ( within Teslafi's sampling error)

Screenshot_20190314-120729.png

Last edited:
Reactions: mswlogo
So I have never experienced the loss of bass..... Before 2019.5.15. Now it's happened rwice. Both times I had to reboot the MCU to restore it. What's the recommend method to file a bug complaint to Tesla on this? Anyone else noticed this? It's pretty significant like missing half the speakers and tin-ney!

I haven't experienced this myself. But perhaps it's not as straight forward as the FW version. Possibly related to changing to BT?

See this thread:
Bluetooth Audio Bug with 5.15 : teslamotors

Yes. It is connected to Wifi in Garage. I can browse websites on the car screen with no problem, meaning that Wifi is actually working.

My 3 is connected to wifi However, it goes to deep sleep shortly after I leave the car. When I wake it up by opening the door, I notice that it is connected to the LTE rather than wifi and it takes the car several seconds to connect back to wifi. So, I am guessing that when it is in deep sleep it might be losing wifi connection. Can this be why it does not get the update? Is this behavior normal?

Noteworthy that I received previous updates using the same wifi connection and the same car distance from the wifi extender with no problem. So, not sure why it does not get the update this time.

My 3 is connected to wifi However, it goes to deep sleep shortly after I leave the car. When I wake it up by opening the door, I notice that it is connected to the LTE rather than wifi and it takes the car several seconds to connect back to wifi. So, I am guessing that when it is in deep sleep it might be losing wifi connection. Can this be why it does not get the update? Is this behavior normal?

Noteworthy that I received previous updates using the same wifi connection and the same car distance from the wifi extender with no problem. So, not sure why it does not get the update this time.

That is normal behavior. It does not stay connected on WiFi when sleeping.

Today is the first day I noticed cars next to me (forgot the exact scenario) painted red with a red line down the street where they were at. Something new to 2019.5.15? Before this cars were only in ghosting white. Definitely seems like something's changed. Wish I could have gotten a screen shot of the center screen to show. I wasn't on EAP so wondering what system my car was responding to.

Last edited: