Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now all's I will need to worry about will be 10 holes vs 20. Which now may look a little more wonky if just using plugs since the plugged holes are now on every other opening and the non plugged sections will look clean. As mentioned by someone earlier, I can put a death wheel to the holes and remove them. Not sure how I feel about that without exploring other options. I guess I'll wait and see what the aftermarket will come up on a a better solution than just plugs, maybe something as low profile as possible that conforms to the wheel while still plugging the holes.
Rofl! I was only kidding about the deathwheel! Now maybe a set of gold or bronze signature wheels to go nicely with the red...

• Funny
Reactions: jv92red
I think we did pretty good by not letting Biden and Trump, blue and red ruin this thread so far. Let's keep it that way lol
Yeah, sorry, not trying to get political as neither side would be better. Was just frustrated over people thinking it would be crazy got Tesla to feel targeted even though the amount of red tape they seem to have to deal with is always pretty high.

I can see how that could risk getting political though.

Reactions: DW3434
As I sit here excited for those who have VINs and laughing at my July 8 to August 19 EDD for a Red/Black MP3 to Boston, I have been watching as many YT video reviews as I can of the car. It appears many Thailand reviewers have posted very detailed videos. I don't speak Thai but this video really was well filmed and is great eye candy for those of us who has a UR/Black car on order. He did a 0-100KPH run with a VBox it appears which I believe is quite accurate. I think his review unit has the LG pack so it was expected to be slower. Enjoy!

Reactions: jose3030
IMG_0643.jpeg

Another W/W in San Diego inventory

Guys, whats our POV on full payment. The Tesla folks want payment in full before they bring in the car from port (this is what they told me) and then I need to upload insurance and they would do the registration. Delivery happens 2 days after registration - during this time they do the inspection etc.

The above steps, as told by them, seem a bit odd and don't seem to have any scope of Pre Delivery inspection. I have told them I want to see the vehicle before I make the full payment. They are now checking feasibility internally.

Personal opinion it’s more likely how the agency works, no matter who is President. Government bureaucracy is a constant of space and time 😂
Yeah, I'm not entirely unconvinced that couldn't be the case either or possibly some bureaucratic underling with a bone to pick if it is actually worse than most deal with, but it could also just be related to how agile Elon's companies are. Even if it's not targeted though my point was more that I can understand why he feels that way. SpaceX has been massively delayed by the FAA and then asked why it's taking so long. Tesla has dealt with multiple recalls of questionable value simply because they keep better data than their competitors. Could certainly be legitimately unbiased and just not enough to act on for others but it wouldn't feel great being on the receiving end.

Reactions: cptnslo
Guys, whats our POV on full payment. The Tesla folks want payment in full before they bring in the car from port (this is what they told me) and then I need to upload insurance and they would do the registration. Delivery happens 2 days after registration - during this time they do the inspection etc.

The above steps, as told by them, seem a bit odd and don't seem to have any scope of Pre Delivery inspection. I have told them I want to see the vehicle before I make the full payment. They are now checking feasibility internally.
Just a caution (for this and everything else) - you are having this conversation in the app, or by calling Tesla through the 800 number, right?

My brother recently bought a new ordered car (not a Tesla) and somehow his info got out. He was text messaged and called by “the dealer” (even had a little “thanks for calling (automaker), this call may be recorded for customer service jingle when he called back) and they said he needed to wire his down payment before they would release from the factory for delivery. He almost fell for it, but luckily caught it was a scam when they asked him to confirm his down payment amount and he said “you tell me” and they couldn’t. 😬. He hung up and called the dealership directly and they confirmed that wasn’t them.
Those people are a special kind of scum.
Edited - typos

That's how it is in some states here in the US. I'm in Oklahoma and since there are auto dealer protection laws I have to make full payment before in can cross the state line. I've paid in cash the last Tesla a few months ago and really its no big deal.

Reactions: skm3p

First, let me say: I know nothing about Dubai. But I do have limited experience with importing items into North America and Europe.

When I hear "pay before bringing the car in from port" I immediate suspect they are trying to play games with customs and tariffs. And you don't want any part of that. The port is not a warehouse, and after an item clear customs, importers usually have 24-72 hours to get the item out of the port, or they start paying extra fees. Tesla should be the importer of record and responsible for all tariffs and fees, not you. If you get named as the importer of record, that could cause all kinds of problems for you.

It should be a hard no to paying before the car arrives at the showroom.

Reactions: skm3p