Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well that's annoying as hell. I had a reminder sent to make sure my pre-delivery items were all completed (despite an EDD of May 25-June 28th). So i messaged them to see if they could change my delivery location to the one 20 minutes from my house. The rep got back to me and said that because its new (opened in January) they do not do deliveries. Then I asked if they could change it from Bakersfield to Santa Barbara (literally a 5 minute further drive) and they said NO.

Driving from Bako sucks, tons of trucks and potential for rocks. My plan was to go straight to the tint/PPF shop that is on the way home from the Santa Barbara location and this takes me way the hell out of the way. Think its worth stopping by the local shop and see if they can work something out for me?

Nevermind that this completely eliminates the potential of a Tesla trade in. Not driving all that way to learn they are going to low ball me.

Last edited:
Reactions: P-Lo801 and jiren
Well that's annoying as hell. I had a reminder sent to make sure my pre-delivery items were all completed (despite an EDD of May 25-June 28th). So i messaged them to see if they could change my delivery location to the one 20 minutes from my house. The rep got back to me and said that because its new (opened in January) they do not do deliveries. Then I asked if they could change it from Bakersfield to Santa Barbara (literally a 5 minute further drive) and they said NO.

Driving from Bako sucks, tons of trucks and potential for rocks. My plan was to go straight to the tint/PPF shop that is on the way home from the Santa Barbara and this takes me way the hell out of the way. Think its worth stopping by the local shop and see if they can work something out for me?

Nevermind that this completely eliminates the potential of a Tesla trade in. Not driving all that way to learn they are going to low ball me.
bakersfield is 5 min from santa barbra?

and yea i would def try and work something out. i don’t see why they’d re unwilling to accommodate you. i would call the location you want to go to and see if they can switch it there for you.

So just got an update from my sales advisor. The firmware is still not available but apparently its within their internal notes that its targeted to release tomorrow. So tentatively, deliveries may start tomorrow depending the time the firmware is available. But to be safe, deliveries are pushed out to the 21st now. The SA did mention that there are performance which are sitting and piling up in their lots/warehouses (which we already know) without any scheduled delivery dates. They wanted to hold off on scheduling more deliveries because of this whole firmware update situation. Hoping that once the firmware is available, the delivery flood gates open for everyone! Recommendation for folks who have EDDs this week, keep close contact with your SA (via App) and be nice 😜 so that they schedule your delivery sooner than later!

So just got an update from my sales advisor. The firmware is still not available but apparently its within their internal notes that its targeted to release tomorrow. So tentatively, deliveries may start tomorrow depending the time the firmware is available. But to be safe, deliveries are pushed out to the 21st now. The SA did mention that there are performance which are sitting and piling up in their lots/warehouses (which we already know) without any scheduled delivery dates because they wanted to hold off on scheduling more deliveries because of this whole firmware update. Hoping that once the firmware is available, the delivery flood gates open for everyone! Recommendation for folks who have EDDs this week, keep close contact with your SA (via App) and be nice 😜 so that they schedule your delivery sooner than later!
Do you have a VIN or just an EDD w/ no VIN?

Based off of your conversation with your SA, do you feel like VINs will be assigned faster too or nah?
I don't want to set the wrong expectation but what I gathered is that more people will get their deliveries scheduled that maybe already have a VIN with no scheduled delivery date. At least I was under the impression that they held off on assigning delivery dates because the firmware release was not set in stone. Some super early orders slipped thru the cracks and were scheduled before knowing that delays would happened with the NHTSA and firmware. Hopefully this has a direct impact on VIN assignment in a positive way but I wasn't able to tell from my conversation with the SA.

I don't want to set the wrong expectation but what I gathered is that more people will get their deliveries scheduled that maybe already have a VIN with no scheduled delivery date. At least I was under the impression that they held off on assigning delivery dates because the firmware release was not set in stone. Some super early orders slipped thru the cracks and were scheduled before knowing that delays would happened with the NHTSA and firmware. Hopefully this has a direct impact on VIN assignment in a positive way but I wasn't able to tell from my conversation with the SA.
Pretty curious what is in this special firmware update that they would need to delay deliveries. Not like the car is gonna explode with “old” firmware, right?

Reactions: StuntDouble
You guys sending a message and getting scheduled already have your VIN I assume?

When I go through the app, the only way I can see to send a message related to the order is to pick the most recent message (mine is the message saying a VIN has been assigned) and reply to that. Is that what you guys are doing? My EDD is May 30 - June 6 so I probably won't send a message until closer to the 30th... but I'd like to know how before then to be prepared.

App finally updated

Attachments

• IMG_0017.jpeg
    IMG_0017.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 3