Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We know more than him about what's getting VINs. Only white is in production based on the data we have and what we're seeing sent to showrooms and on trucks. In fact, only three colors have VINs.

View attachment 1047925
I’m aware of the data, but realistically we really dont know. Someone could get a black interior VIN tomorrow. Based on my EDD moving up, seeing black interior demos, and the ETA of the SA being before the midpoint of my current EDD, I’m choosing to be optimistic 😄 If it gets delayed so be it.

I’m aware of the data, but realistically we really dont know. Someone could get a black interior VIN tomorrow. Based on my EDD moving up, seeing black interior demos, and the ETA of the SA being before the midpoint of my current EDD, I’m choosing to be optimistic 😄 If it gets delayed so be it.
The only ones with black interior are the original handful of demos BEFORE production release happened. Since then, only WHITE have been seen. But the EDD dates suggest we'll see black interiors by next week. I'm with you on hoping that we're close. I don't think the black is on backorder.

Either we create a separate sticky thread just for the tracker or I wonder if there is a way to keep a post that includes the tracker link at the top of every page of this thread.

You need a mod to decide to create a sticky out of a thread, so simply creating a new thread wont do anything unless I (or another mod, but I am the main one for model 3 subforum) create a sticky out of it.

I had previously said I wasnt going to do that, but I am re thinking it given the current popularity of the tracker.

I believe If I changed the thread type to "question" it would make the first post appear at the top of every thread page, but this isnt a question thread. I think the tracker warrants a sticky at this point, with a note that its Outside of TMC.

@M3PDenver , if you could make a new thread so the thread is under your name (and not mine) and call it:

M3P order tracking sheet, and then put a link to the sheet in there, and a blurb about what information is in there or something, I will put a note in it and sticky it.

I apologize if this has already been posted BUT here are the OEM wheel/tire specs:

Front: 20x9 ET 34 with 235/35/20
Rear: 20x10 ET 40 with 275/30/20

Please correct me if I am wrong about the OEM specs above

I plan to do TSF 19"

Front: 19x8.5 ET 35 with 235/40/19
Rear: 19x9.5 ET 35 with 265/35/19

Caparison below between 20s and 19s

View attachment 1047939

View attachment 1047941
I’d go with the 19x9.5 and 265/35/19 on all four corners!

Last edited:
Reactions: juan.chavez
Speaking of panel gaps, can someone direct me to a good pickup guide / checklist? Are there things to lookout for specific to the performance trim? This is my first tesla, so I want to do my best to not get blinded by its glory and refuse delivery if necessary.

You need a mod to decide to create a sticky out of a thread, so simply creating a new thread wont do anything unless I (or another mod, but I am the main one for model 3 subforum) create a sticky out of it.

I had previously said I wasnt going to do that, but I am re thinking it given the current popularity of the tracker.

I believe If I changed the thread type to "question" it would make the first post appear at the top of every thread page, but this isnt a question thread. I think the tracker warrants a sticky at this point, with a note that its Outside of TMC.

@M3PDenver , if you could make a new thread so the thread is under your name (and not mine) and call it:

M3P order tracking sheet, and then put a link to the sheet in there, and a blurb about what information is in there or something, I will put a note in it and sticky it.
Thank you for the consideration. I'm several beverages in and maybe not thinking as clearly as I should. lol It seems like we are all here in this place now, maybe we just keep rolling? Seems to be working well enough, no need to split the herd. Thoughts?

Thank you for the consideration. I'm several beverages in and maybe not thinking as clearly as I should. lol It seems like we are all here in this place now, maybe we just keep rolling? Seems to be working well enough, no need to split the herd. Thoughts?

I just think the tracker should have a separate thread (and be stickied, and probably locked) so that instead of finding it in this thread, when someone asks where it is, people could just say "its stickied up top, here".

Of course this isnt mandatory, I just thought this is what people wanted, and decided that It was popular enough at this point that me stickying it isnt necessarily pumping it at this point.

I just think the tracker should have a separate thread (and be stickied, and probably locked) so that instead of finding it in this thread, when someone asks where it is, people could just say "its stickied up top, here".

Of course this isnt mandatory, I just thought this is what people wanted, and decided that It was popular enough at this point that me stickying it isnt necessarily pumping it at this point.
Did I do it right?

I have considered a square setup for rotation BUT I want to keep the staggered setup as Tesla engineers intended.

Plus 235 fronts would steer quicker than 265 fronts
These are hefty cars and definitely benefit with fatter tires. Check out the wheels and tires of the guys that track these cars. On the outgoing M3P they’re running 18 and 19 inch diameter and 10, 10.5, and even 11 inch wide wheels with 275-305 wide tires on all four corners. None of them that I’ve seen run staggered. That goes for the MYP too which has always been a staggered setup. I’m hoping to run 265/40r18 all four corners…street only use so keeping it on the lower end of aggressive but maybe even 275/40r18 but tires are few and far between in that size.

Yes, but you put it in the Regular model 3 subforum instead of the one this thread is in (which is model 3 ordering), probably due to those beverages. Beverages sound really tasty to me right now (lol) but I cant have any as I am recovering from a medical procedure.

In any case, I stickied it but will also move it.

(moderator note)

(Edit -- Moved to Model 3 ordering subforum where this thread is. Stickied. Locked (so that people are not encouraged to spin up discussion in that thread).

Do PPF shops (not wraps, the clear stuff) typically use kits, or do they custom fit and shrink? I'd like to get PPF on day one, but another post on here led me to believe that there might be precut kits involved and of course, they aren't produced for this yet.

FYI shrinking is done with vinyl. Heat can be used on ppf to increase pliability on tricky contours.

A legit company would be using rolls and cutting everything themselves.

Custom jobs cost more. However they can adjust precut templates to have enough material to tuck edges, etc. Unless they are quite experienced, I would actually be a bit wary of installers having to do a lot of cutting on top of your paint.

Reactions: Jangy and M3PDenver
Yes, but you put it in the Regular model 3 subforum instead of the one this thread is in (which is model 3 ordering), probably due to those beverages. Beverages sound really tasty to me right now (lol) but I cant have any as I am recovering from a medical procedure.

In any case, I stickied it but will also move it.

(moderator note)

(Edit -- Moved to Model 3 ordering subforum where this thread is. Stickied. Locked (so that people are not encouraged to spin up discussion in that thread).

Perfect, thank you.