Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my VIN. And this.

???

delivery.png

Has anyone else seen this? I'm wondering if FSD is going to be disabled and maybe this has something to do with the regulatory hold?

Last edited:
Same experience here. Silver 2018 LR with white interior, FSD, and speed boost. Perfect interior, normal wear on exterior for a car with 63k miles, and my trade-in offer was $12,900. For that, I'll just keep it and have a second car for guests to use... or I'll sell it privately for more.
I am thinking about keeping mine too but I have no use for it and I already have a spare Silverado. I can't really justify keeping it. Does anyone think after FSD is solved the cars will increase in value?

Reactions: xianking
Just chiming in for other Canadian orders (already updated the tracker spreadsheet). Ordered right away on release day, but EDD hasn't changed from July.

I am super torn about whether or not to get PPF. First nice car and would be sad if it got keyed or something, but on the other hand paying $5K+ for a car screen protector feels a bit steep.

Do PPF shops (not wraps, the clear stuff) typically use kits, or do they custom fit and shrink? I'd like to get PPF on day one, but another post on here led me to believe that there might be precut kits involved and of course, they aren't produced for this yet.

That depends on the shop you are using. I dont have PPF done to any cars I have had, but am familiar with it. This is another one of those personal choice things.

Anyway, some shops use pre cut, some shops custom cut. In general (but not as a hard and fast rule) a shop that custom cuts will generally be more expensive, and usually generate a better job with tucked corners etc. Thats not a hard and fast rule though, the quality of the installer matters on this stuff (both windows tint and ppf).

Do PPF shops (not wraps, the clear stuff) typically use kits, or do they custom fit and shrink? I'd like to get PPF on day one, but another post on here led me to believe that there might be precut kits involved and of course, they aren't produced for this yet.
Depends on the shop…some use kits, some use rolls that are cut on site using a machine, and some custom cut by hand from rolls. I suggest you call some local shops and talk to them if that’s your plan!

Just chiming in for other Canadian orders (already updated the tracker spreadsheet). Ordered right away on release day, but EDD hasn't changed from July.

I am super torn about whether or not to get PPF. First nice car and would be sad if it got keyed or something, but on the other hand paying $5K+ for a car screen protector feels a bit steep.
Where abouts do you live? In GTA goto Westside Pro in Oakville. Owner is Jay and his rates are amazing plus work is top notch.