Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The total purchase isn't covered? Seems to be some confusion on the web. Good points though. What if the subscription price goes up? Hmmm
Thanks for making me think about this some more.(not sarcasm)
I think the standard for insurance companies is to pay the market rate for replacing a vehicle. I think you could argue that FSD is part of the package or trim but it seems the market valuation for FSD is around 3-4k.
All that being said, if you have GAP insurance and FSD is in the loan, you could argue that insurance is covering FSD as well. If you get totaled the day after delivery, the loan would disappear.
Since you went with Red and White I'm betting you don't qualify for the Federal Tax Credit and probably aren't hurting for money though, so probably not something to really worry about! That red/white combo looks so freaking good.

So, based on our enormous data set we've amassed the orders aren't sequential. Maybe every one knew this?
RN121545300
RN121530000
Those orders where 1.5 hrs apart, there weren't ~15,300 orders in 1.5 hrs. Do we know the cypher?

I added an FSD colum. Not sure if that could change deliveries. Different HW or something. Thought it a good data point.

Interesting. Is it possible they blocked off groups of numbers for certain regions and those got filled first? That kinda makes sense if you want to spread out deliveries to make sure that the first few thousand cars get spread out evenly across the country. And then after those groups (holes) fill in, you go sequentially after that. I dunno. Just an idea. They may want sort of even coverage across the country and given the release time and other factors, it might be weighted heavily in some regions and Tesla not get the coverage it wants if you just go sequential.

Edit: The motive (for even spread) of course being to get FSD data for more areas on the M3P config, to get media and customer exposure in many different regions, etc.

They do sell a set of 18 winter wheels/tire combo in Tesla shop. It says compatible with model 3 2024+. Don't think it mentioned performance trim though. Again it's probably too early for advisor/SC to have a for sure answer now
I want this to be true so bad. If so, I am going to snag a set of 18" photon wheels someone is selling and put them on my M3P. I don't want to deal with popping a tire on my upcoming cross country trip.

So, based on our enormous data set we've amassed the orders aren't sequential. Maybe every one knew this?
RN121545300
RN121530000
Those orders where 1.5 hrs apart, there weren't ~15,300 orders in 1.5 hrs. Do we know the cypher?

I added an FSD colum. Not sure if that could change deliveries. Different HW or something. Thought it a good data point.
Rethinking this, 15,300 orders worldwide for all vehicles isn't that crazy really.

Reactions: jose3030
Speaking of tires, anyone going to keep the 20” wheels and just change the summer to all season tires?
I plan to do it eventually, but not sure when. These tires after all are custom designed for the m3p, so I'm trying to be mindful of compromising the intended driving dynamics to a minimum. I'm more likely going to switch out to aftermarket wheels first to push the rear wheels out a little more to make it more flush with the rear fenders.

Last edited:
Reactions: M3PDenver
I'm wondering why, so far, I'm the only person with a "2" in the 5th numeric digit in the U.S. and I didn't even order that quickly (like an hour and 50 minutes after ordering was available). Only other order with a "2" there is in Australia. With my luck, my car will end up in Australia too. ;)
i figured you converted a SR or LR order to a performance... hmmmm...

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
If you have the option to remove it, I would. The subscription is the better play because you could total your car the day after you get it and lose FSD (and the insurance company won't recognize your software purchase). Maybe my tune will change when you can tie FSD to your account, but that day will also be the day you can't buy it anymore and they won't allow you to move your FSD from your car to your account.

Seems like they need to switch FSD purchases to a lease to own model. Would help with early total-loss cases and could even be account-based with paid upgrades that are naturally going to come with the next generation cars as people keep upgrading to the next best new ev…