Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Interesting question about Scheduled Departure saving per location

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I know that the "scheduled departure preconditioning battery" would save the location automatically - so that it would automatically turn on when you are in that location.

So far I have 2 locations saved for that - one for home and the other one for work. However, I can't find anything about the following info:

1) How many locations can it save? So far, I know it can save more than 1.
2) How to view them
3) How to delete any one of them
4) What happens when I used it once at a mall or a restaurant, it would automatically turn on every time I go back there

I believe the "scheduled start charging time" would have these same saving behaviors.

Any input or tips would be very helpful, Thanks.

Reactions: fsb1
As far as I am aware you can set preconditioning for home and work (2 locations.) You can manage the preconditioning from the the Charging screen and also from the Climate Control screen in the Tesla Model Y. You can also manage Preconditioning from the Tesla app. If preconditioning does not work as expected turn off preconditioning in the Tesla Model Y and in the Tesla app and start over. Make sure you don't have preconditioning set to be on in any other phones that have the Tesla app installed and access to your Tesla Model Y. Your Tesla Model Y has to physically be at the location when you set up preconditioning for that location; maybe also need to be at the location if you decide you want to turn off preconditioning for the location.

Reactions: fsb1
As far as I am aware you can set preconditioning for home and work (2 locations.) You can manage the preconditioning from the the Charging screen and also from the Climate Control screen in the Tesla Model Y. You can also manage Preconditioning from the Tesla app. If preconditioning does not work as expected turn off preconditioning in the Tesla Model Y and in the Tesla app and start over. Make sure you don't have preconditioning set to be on in any other phones that have the Tesla app installed and access to your Tesla Model Y. Your Tesla Model Y has to physically be at the location when you set up preconditioning for that location; maybe also need to be at the location if you decide you want to turn off preconditioning for the location.

Well, we have tried that. We both had it off in our apps when the car was at home, so we thought everything was good. But it got turned back on when the car went back to work place. Also, we changed the set time one time, but it got reverted back to the old time on the next day though, which is more puzzling.

Since the setting changes based on the car's location, i don't think the setting data resides in the app. Would the data is stored in the car or on cloud somewhere??

By the way, we haven't set up the work location yet, so it should be bound to the GPS location, not because it was marked as work location.

Last edited:
I don't know where the Scheduled Preconditioning settings are stored.

Tesla's Scheduled Preconditioning works best when set for the Home location for weekdays or every day; before you leave home in the a.m.

There are third party apps for your Tesla vehicle that you might want to consider using that can be used to maximize the scheduled charging and preconditioning options.

The latest version of the Tesla app for iPhone now supports Siri Shortcuts and iOS Shortcuts. If you have an iPhone you can use Shortcuts to create a custom preconditioning schedule that is not dependent on the location of your Tesla Model Y vehicle.

Reactions: EnjoyDriving