Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does $2k upgrade from EAP to FSD include upgrading CW 2.5 to FSD computer for free?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has been at the SC since Thursday for FSD install. Tesla says the 12V battery failed during the install so they replaced it. Not sure how to interpret that.

I was planning on replacing the 12V battery in some time anyway as car is 5.5 years old and I'd rather replace in advance than have the inconvenience of it failing on me.

The loaner car had full FSD and I was impressed at how well it maneuvered around construction areas (I was fully ready to take control). I can't wait to have my car back with FSD.

Upvote 0
My car has been at the SC since Thursday for FSD install. Tesla says the 12V battery failed during the install so they replaced it. Not sure how to interpret that.

I was planning on replacing the 12V battery in some time anyway as car is 5.5 years old and I'd rather replace in advance than have the inconvenience of it failing on me.

The loaner car had full FSD and I was impressed at how well it maneuvered around construction areas (I was fully ready to take control). I can't wait to have my car back with FSD.
That's what I'm afraid of. Upgrading to something else then something else doesn't work and ending up paying much more than I anticipated.

Upvote 0
Rceently Tesla originally provide a near-zero estimate from HW 2.5 to 3.0 (EAP currently not FSD) then changed the estimate a week later when I showed up. The manager had confirmed when I spoke to heim on 4/29 that FSD purchase comes with a complimentary computer upgrade. I decided to pull the trigger, and I expect them to honor that based on what I'm readin here and their site, which as of 4/30 still says:

tesla site fsd screen grab 04.30.24.png

Upvote 0